As the fastest-growing platform, TikTok has endless potential to help you grow as a creator. And to grow your follower base and connect with your audience, you must explore all features of the platform, including live streaming.
Live videos are the best way to show your unfiltered side and connect with your followers. It will also help you grow your follower base steadily.
In this article, I’ll walk you through detailed steps on going live on TikTok, along with some tips and tricks to make the most out of your TikTok live stream.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Note: You can buy TikTok followers via PayPal to boost your TikTok presence and reach out to a wider audience.
What to know Before Going Live on TikTok
Going live on TikTok is the best way to interact and bond with your audience. You can answer their queries and share live updates of any exciting events.
You have to meet certain criteria to get live stream access:
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You should have at least 1000 followers
When you sign up on the platform, you must provide your birth date for TikTok to verify your age. As soon as you hit the 1000 followers mark, the live stream will appear, and you can start live streaming.
How to Go Live On TikTok on Your Phone?
The steps to go live on TikTok are super simple. Just follow the mentioned steps, and you’ll be all set to start live streaming:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone and login (in case you have logged out of it).
- Look for the + button at the bottom of the home screen and tap on it. This will open the camera screen.
- On the camera screen, you’ll see different recording options at the bottom. Swipe left until you find the Live option.
- Before going live, you’ll need to provide a title for your stream. Tap on the text box provided and type a title.
- Once you’re ready to begin your live stream, tap the Go Live button. TikTok will start a countdown, usually 3 seconds before your live stream starts. You’re live on TikTok now.
- You can press the X button when you want to end your live video.
TikTok offers additional settings before going live. You can enable or disable features such as beauty filters, filters, and the ability to allow others to join your stream.
How to Go Live On TikTok on Desktop?
The TikTok live-streaming option is only available for mobile devices, but you can access this feature on your PC as well by downloading the TikTok live studio software on your desktop.
Once you download the software, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Once the software installation is complete, find the checkbox next to Run TikTok Live Studio and tap on Finish.
- The Live Studio is running. Log in to your TikTok account.
- Make sure your camera and mic are working before you tap on the create button and start live streaming on your computer.
How to Go Live On TikTok Without 1000 Followers?
I mentioned before that you must have at least 1000 followers to go live on TikTok. However, you may apply this hack to access the live-streaming feature even without 1000 followers.
- Go to your profile page and click on the 3 horizontal lines (≡) at the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings & Privacy and scroll down to the support button. Tap again on Report a Problem.
- You will find a bunch of topics. Choose the option: I can’t go live.
- You’ll see an automated answer popping up, followed by the question, Is your problem solved?
- Click on No and send your query saying that “you were able to go live previously, but the option suddenly disappeared” and wait for a response from the TikTok team.
Please note that this is not a proven hack, nor is it acknowledged by TikTok. Some users say this hack works. If you haven’t reached the 1000 followers mark yet, try using this method and see if it works for you!
How to Join a TikTok Live of Another Creator?
You can also appear on another creator’s live video. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the TikTok app and click on the live button at the top left corner of the home page.
- You’ll see all the people that are streaming a live video. You can select the one you want to join.
- At the bottom, you’ll find the Multi Guest option. Click there to request to join their live stream.
5 Tips to Make Your TikTok Live Videos a Hit
Here are some tips to make the most of your TikTok live streaming:
1. Promote your Live Stream in Advance
Create hype and make a TikTok video announcing your upcoming live stream.
You can also share the news on other social media platforms like Instagram. Or use TikTok’s “Stickers and Share” feature to let your audience know about the live ahead of time.
2. Choose the Right Time
Consider the optimal time to go live based on your target audience’s demographics and time zones. Analyze your TikTok Insights to determine when your followers are most active and plan your live stream during those peak times to maximize viewership.
According to Influencer Marketing Hub, the best time to go live or post on TikTok are:
- Mondays: 6 AM, 10 AM, 10 PM EST
- Tuesdays: 2 AM, 4 AM, 9 AM EST
- Wednesdays: 7 AM, 8 AM, 11 PM EST
- Thursdays: 9 AM, 12 AM, 7 PM EST
- Fridays: 5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM EST
- Saturdays: 11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM EST
- Sundays: 7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM EST
3. Go Prepared
You can make a basic plan for the topics you want to cover. Although live videos are meant to be spontaneous, having a loose structure will help keep your stream engaging and focused, especially if you want to make a special announcement or cover an event.
4. Engage with your Audience
Interact with your viewers, acknowledge and respond to comments, address questions, and ask them to respond by sharing emojis.
Give shout-outs to as many viewers as you can to foster a sense of community and make them feel involved, and who knows, if the viewers love your content, you may also get coins on TikTok live.
5. Use Proper Lighting
Make sure you have proper lighting so that your audience can see you while you talk to them. Proper lighting is also essential for optimum video quality.
Sit in front of a window or a well-lit corner of the room. A ring light comes in handy while going live or making TikTok videos.
Can I Make Money Via TikTok Live Videos?Yes, you can make money via TikTok live videos. You can earn via brand sponsorships or TikTok coins during live streaming.
How Long Can I Go Live on TikTok?Currently, TikTok allows its users to go live for up to 60 minutes per session. If you want to stream for longer, you can start a new live video.
Can I Save or Download My Live Stream After it Ends?Yes, you can download your live stream. To do so, go to settings & privacy and click on Live Replay.
Going live on TikTok is a great way to form deeper bonds with your audience, give them a peek inside your life, and answer their queries. I hope this detailed guide has helped you understand the whole process so that you can get started with making cool live videos and interacting with your online community.
Make sure to pick a suitable time to attract more audience and have a stable internet connection to prevent any network glitches!