TikTok is an insanely popular app that is always trending on the internet. It offers unique content that smoothens your way to GenZ den.
A viral TikTok content is just the hack you need to soar your brand’s promotion and sales.
Popular content on other social apps may not work on TikTok. TikTok only cares about what people like and who they follow to feature videos on their ‘For You Page’ (FYP).
And you must remember that it’s full of content creators, many of whom are your direct competitors.
The secret is you need to know how to crack the TikTok algorithm.
But how can you decode the TikTok algorithm and get more TikTok views?
Worry not! This comprehensive guide for TikTok will give you the best tips and tricks for creating compelling TikTok content that works!
Who Needs to Get More TikTok Views?
TikTok has over 1 billion monthly active users from diverse backgrounds and interests. Thus, it offers a massive audience for content creators and businesses.
TikTok views can benefit various professionals and businesses, including, but not limited to:
- Content creators who wish to showcase their talent and build a strong social media presence
- Musicians and artists who can promote their work on the platform and build a fan following
- Small business owners who want to reach a wider audience and increase their brand awareness
- Digital marketers who want to boost their user base for advertising and campaigns
- Influencers who can collaborate with brands and monetize their content
Why Should You Increase Your TikTok Engagement?
There are many reasons why you should use TikTok for your brand promotion. It includes the following:
- TikTok is incredibly popular among millennials and Gen Zs. Thus, your content will reach and impact younger audiences.
- Despite being popular among young people, the content on TikTok appeals to a broad audience of almost all ages.
- TikTok’s algorithm has been developed in a way that helps content creators reach a broader audience and even ensure cross-platform popularity. Thus, it increases your chance of going viral.
- The app lets you express creativity and keeps you up-to-date with the latest trends.
- TikTok helps businesses and brands build their social media presence to ensure more leads and sales of their products/services.
How to Create Compelling Content on TikTok: Tips and Tricks to Get More TikTok Views
Creating content that goes viral is a job better said than done. However, you can ace the game with the right tips and tricks.
Let’s move forward and see how you can increase your TikTok engagement.
You can improve your TikTok engagement with these tips:
- Find your niche
- Collaborate with other creators
- Post at the right time
- Use relevant hashtags
- Experiment with filters and effects
- Engaging with the TikTok
A. Finding Your Niche
If you understand the TikTok algorithm, you know it is very niche-specific. The key to success is finding your niche.
Based on your interactions on the platform, TikTok pushes similar videos on your FYP. If you don’t have a niche yet, you can start by experimenting with your interests and see what works for you best.
B. TikTok Duets and Collaborations
You can reach a larger audience and get organic views by collaborating with creators from other niches. Influencer-generated content draws more views than regular brand ads.
One interactive collaborating method on TikTok is Stitching. Here’s how to stitch your content on TikTok:
- Find a video that is already trending.
- Tap on “Share” and then “Stitch.”
- Finally, you can shoot or add your content and expand the overall video duration.
Here’s how PUMA did it!
Latte art is quite popular on social media. When someone did a Puma logo on a hot latte, PUMA stitched its content with the main video and captioned it:
It is undoubtedly a genuine and smart way to grow with user-generated content.
3. TikTok posting schedule
Timing is very crucial on Tiktok. To help creators, Hopper blog has made a timetable for posting videos on TikTok in 2024.
However, it may vary depending on your audience and your niche. Therefore, you should check your analytics.
Here’s how to check TikTok analytics:
- Visit your TikTok profile and tap the three horizontal lines at the top right corner
- Tap on “Creator tools” from the menu
- Now, tap on “Analytics” to see your statistics
- You can find when your audience is most active from the dashboard.
- You can modify your posting timing based on the peak hours.
4. Use Hashtags for TikTok Engagement
Hashtags help you categorize your TikTok content and increase its reach. Using relevant hashtags increases your chances of getting featured on the FYP.
Spotify’s #HowDuoYouListen challenge exemplifies how branded hashtags help create brand awareness. The challenge involved couples dancing together on a TikTok video.
5. Using Filters and Effects on TikTok
TikTok has a lot of cool filters and effects on its app. Users can use these effects to create more engaging videos.
Many brands use “Branded effects” to promote their brand awareness on TikTok. Branded effects on TikTok can help businesses convey their message in a fun and engaging way.
Up’s Easy Money campaign is a good example of how gamification and appealing contest prizes can change young Australians’ perception of banking.
The campaign got 25M hashtag views and 250+ user-generated content videos.
6. Grabbing Attention on TikTok
It’s evident that the human attention span is decreasing day by day. Therefore, grabbing the attention of your audience becomes a challenge.
There are three things you should do.
- Make shorter videos that convey a complete and clear message.
- Improve your storytelling on TikTok. Use music, visuals, and sound effects to make your videos more appealing.
- Go onboard with trending audio. On TikTok, 90% of its users believe that sound is key to TikTok engagement. Thus, using trending audio will not only help you feature on FYP but also increase your views organically.
You can also learn how to effectively advertise your brand on TikTok, even if that’s a paid promotion. Research using a credible and comprehensive advertise guide for TikTok to ace the process at one go.
7. Engaging with the TikTok Community
Did you know that TikTok has this cool feature that lets you reply to a comment with a video?
Yes, and it takes your engagement to the next level. It is a fun way to connect with fans, explain answers to their queries in detail, and provide more clarity.
You can take the game further by calling them out by their names. It makes them feel valued and acknowledged.
A TikTok creator can leverage this feature to build better bonds with their audience.
1. How can I effectively collaborate with other TikTok users?
Ans. To collaborate with other TikTok users, first, find out who has similar content to yours. You can then contact them and suggest collaborating on a video.
You can also participate in TikTok challenges or join TikTok dance groups.
2. What are popular filters and effects on TikTok?
Ans. TikTok has some cool filters and effects onboard. Some of the most popular filters are anime filter, green screen, beautification filter, glitch filter, voice filter, etc.
3. What storytelling techniques work well on TikTok?
Ans. You can improvise your storytelling techniques with trending audio, visuals, and sound effects to enhance it. Additionally, your stories should be relevant enough to your audience.
4. Why is capturing attention quickly important on TikTok?
Ans. Human attention span is decreasing day by day. So, if you fail to capture the attention of your viewers, they will skip to the next content.
5. What is the recommended length for TikTok videos?
Ans. The recommended length for TikTok videos has changed over time. Previously, it was 11 to 17 seconds.
But now you can post longer videos up to 10 minutes. However, shorter videos still perform better as long as they convey a complete and clear message.
TikTok is a social magnet for business owners, content creators and public figures. But if it works in your favor, the chances of your content going viral are pretty high.
With the right strategy and consistent efforts, you can use TikTok’s potential to attain your marketing goals and take your business to towering heights.