With over 32% of its users 25+ in age and 52 minutes the average time spent on the platform daily, TikTok advertising undoubtedly presents great conversion opportunities for every creator and business! And that’s why popular brands like Chipotle, Guess, NBA, and Gymshark have amassed great results (followers, sales, etc.) since their debut on this platform, all thanks to their effective ad campaigns.
Do you also want to establish your authority on TikTok as a creator? Do you want to take your business to new heights with TikTok? If so, you must learn how to advertise on TikTok. And don’t worry, the entire process is as easy as it can get.
This article explains everything related to TikTok advertising, its types, specs, and costing. Plus, I’ll also tell you where to buy TikTok likes PayPal, to fuel engagement on your content further.
So, let’s get started.
Types of TikTok Ads
TikTok provides you with a vast variety of ads to choose from. From what ad format fits best with your content to what your audience would like, below is a brief description of each type of ad.
Branded Effects Ads
Credits: Effect House – TikTok
TikTok’s branded effects permit businesses to custom design an ad on the app. The ad can last up to 10 days and offers a great way to increase user engagement.
One of our favorites, carousel allows you to combine up to ten images in a single ad to appear in TikTok’s news feed space.
TikTok’s in-feed ads are the most basic category. They appear among the native news feed of TikTok while users scroll through their For You Page. In-feed ads make it easy for users to scroll past it quickly.
Branded Hashtag Ads
These ads appear at the top of the discovery page and encourage viewers to record themselves performing something in line with the product and posting it with a defined hashtag. That’s how this ad got its name as well!
If you’re interested in video ads, the platform allows you to display full-screen videos of 5 to 60 seconds to appear on others’ For You Page.
Similar to video ads, you can also place image ads that appear via TikTok’s news feed apps – BuzzVideo, TopBuzz, and Babe.
TikTok rolled out Spark ads in 2021 to let you sponsor popular organic content that relates to your products.
Brand Takeover Ads
As the name suggests, brand takeover ads pop up when users open their TikTok app, take over the screen for a few seconds, and then switch to an in-feed video ad.
Top View Ads
These work very similarly to brand takeover ads. The only difference is that they don’t cover the screen. Instead, top view ads occupy the first in-feed post after 3 seconds and then show up to 60 seconds of full-screen video with auto-play and sound.
On the ad network of TikTok for Business, the Pangle video platform provides you with video, native, and banner ads. But this feature is restricted only to specific countries.
TikTok Ad Specs to Keep in Mind
Before we get into how to advertise on TikTok, you should be aware of the ads’ right size, shape, and format.
Here are the optimal specs for a TikTok video ad:
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16 (the best!), 1:1, or 16:9
- Minimum Resolution (in pixels): 540 x 960, 640 x 640, or 960 x 540
- Video File Type: .mp4, .mov, .mpeg, .3gp, or .avi
- Video Length: Minimum 5 seconds to 1 minute
- Bitrate: ≥516 kbps
- Video File Size: Within 500 MB
Pro Tip: Try to keep your TikTok ad up to 9 to 15 seconds for the best results. Even the platform says so!
You can read the above specs in detail from here.
How Much Does It Cost to Advertise on TikTok?
If we talk about the minimum cost to advertise on TikTok, the campaign-level budgets usually cost $50 a day, and ad group-level budgets $20 a day. Note that TikTok closely guards its bid model-based pricing algorithm. Thus, these prices are just for reference and may change anytime.
How to Advertise on TikTok – Know the Steps
Here are the complete steps to advertise on TikTok.
Create a TikTok Ad Account
- Create your TikTok ad account via the TikTok Ads Manager.
- Select your billing country or region. Next, choose between an account for a business or an individual. Click on Next.
- Input some basic information, such as your email address and password. You’ll receive a verification code in your email. Enter it as well for identity verification. Alternatively, you can also use your phone number, then you’ll get the verification code on the same.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and hit the Sign Up option.
Note: Wait for your TikTok ad account to be approved. Once approved, log into your dashboard and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the initial account setup.
Create and Install the TikTok Pixel
- The next step includes installing the TikTok Pixel. It’s simply a snippet of code on your website. It collects information regarding how users arrived on your site, what device(s) they use, where they are based, and more.
- Select Standard Mode or Developer Mode and create your TikTok Pixel by setting up a Web Event in your Ads Manager.
- Lastly, copy or download the Pixel code and paste it into your website header.
Create an Ad Campaign
- On the main dashboard, under the Campaigns tab, click the Create button to create your first TikTok ad campaign.
- Choose your campaign objective, i.e., drive conversions, boost traffic, or app installs.
- Name your ad campaign and set its budget. Here, you can select either a Lifetime budget or a daily budget.
Create an Ad Group
Create an ad group to define your target audiences, campaign budgets, and placements for your ads on the devices.
Create Your First TikTok Ad
- With your ad group ready, it’s time to create your first TikTok ad. You can use a video or an image file as your ad creative. For best results, make sure you follow the aforesaid ad specs.
- Once you’ve created your ad, it’s recommended to preview it and see how it’ll appear to TikTok users. If required, tweak it a little bit before submitting it.
- Enter your ad text (12-100 characters). This will appear above your ad.
- Next, choose your preferred CTA, i.e., Sign Up, Contact Us, Book Now, Shop Now, Download Now, or Learn More.
- Click on Submit to finish the ad creation.
Tip: Name your different ads within the same ad group to easily distinguish between them.
Monitor Your Ad Performance
Lastly, don’t forget to monitor your TikTok ad’s performance. See how the campaign is performing. For this, use native analytics, which reveals how your ad pays off in terms of impressions, clicks, conversions, and more.
Pro Tip: Test and compare the performance of different ad creatives and placements & see what works best for you.
As I said at the beginning of this piece, besides ads, you can fuel engagement on your account and content by buying more likes from reputed dealers. One such dealer to buy TikTok likes PayPal from Popularity Bazaar. They offer 100% authentic likes that boost your content authority like never before.
Is Advertising on TikTok Worth It – YES!!!
With over a billion monthly active users to reach, advertising on TikTok is indeed worth it. But there are several other reasons (data-backed) that prove the same. Here are the top 3 of them.
You Can Create Great Campaigns at a Low Cost
If you’re a newbie or run a small business, investing a lot in ads may not go well with you. This is where TikTok comes to your rescue with its out-of-the-box Back to Business program.
Once enrolled in this program, you can claim up to USD 300 worth of ad credit. You can also increase your credit by investing additional funds matched 1-to-1 by TikTok—up to $2000. In other words, you get $300 free ad credit plus additional investment money.
Isn’t this great to kick off?
TikTok’s Versatile Ad Formats Facilitate Engagement
The next feature of TikTok advertising is its versatile ad formats (as discussed above). The platform lets you choose the best ad format for your content and audience, thus creating a high probability for the users to engage with your ad.
TikTok Ads Increase Your Brand’s Exposure
Even if you’re a typical TikTok user and not an influencer, you can still increase your brand’s exposure through TikTok video ads.
Making video ads based on the latest trends boosts their relevancy and likelihood of showing up on others’ feeds. Thus, more discovery of your ads and high chances of your target achievements.
Below is a list of renowned brands killing it on TikTok through their irresistible ad campaigns.
- International House of Pancakes (IHOP)
- Party Machines
- The Washington Post
To understand what they are doing and how, hop onto this article. In addition, check out another guide for creators on TikTok for effective marketing.
You May Also Like: How Much Money You Can Make From YouTube?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Much Does It Cost to Advertise on TikTok?
Ans: There’s no fixed cost to advertise on TikTok. It depends on various factors. Check the above sections for more details.
Can You Advertise for Free on TikTok?
Ans: No, you can’t advertise for free on TikTok.
How Much Does TikTok Pay per 1,000 Views?
Ans: TikTok pays between 2 and 4 cents for every 1,000 views or $20 to $40 for a million views. Note that this payout isn’t fixed and may vary.
Here you go. Advertising on TikTok holds immense growth potential for content creators and businesses. However, advertising on TikTok isn’t the same as on other social channels. This is why you can’t skip this article. From the types of ads you can use to detailed steps to set up one, we’ve covered them all.
So, thoroughly understand this article, and you’ll be able to start your quirky advertisements on TikTok in a breeze.
Did we miss anything? How are your ads doing? Let us know in the comments below.