Sometimes one Instagram account is not enough, especially when you own a business or are a content creator, so making multiple accounts makes sense. The increasing demand of this growing social media platform can fetch you more clients and earn you popularity. People relatively new to this platform often ask, can I have multiple Instagram accounts?
Yes, you can have multiple Instagram accounts. Instagram allows up to five accounts per individual, and you can easily switch from one to another without having to log out and log in.
Want more details about how you can create multiple IG accounts? Keep reading to learn how to create, manage, and unlink account on Instagram.
How Can Having Multiple Instagram Accounts Help You?
Here are the perks of having multiple Instagram accounts-
It Helps You Grow Your Business/ Talent
If you have a business or you are good at singing, dancing, art, etc., a dedicated Instagram account can give you the exposure you need. Your work account feed will look more professional without getting mixed with your personal content.
People interested in your product or talent will be able to resonate more with it, and your followers will increase drastically.
Helps You Keep Your Life Private
Even most of the general public now prefers to keep two IG accounts. Reasons? They want to keep their life private. Now you must be thinking about how you can keep your life private on a social media platform?
Suppose you have lots of followers in your main account, and there are moments you want to share something on IG but don’t want everyone to see it. You can keep a separate account to share your most private or intimate moments that only your close ones can see.
You don’t need to add your colleagues, clients, or anyone related to you professionally to your private account.
Helps You Market To Different Locations
People use Instagram globally. If your business targets customers all around the world, you must consider having multiple Instagram accounts. It will help you create personalized content catering to the geography, culture, and ethnicity of people from different parts of the world.
For example, Indians celebrate festivals that Americans don’t. So you can create topical posts for each culture separately without mixing them up in the same account.
You Can Cater To The Interests Of The Masses
If you have more than one business or multiple skills to showcase, having dedicated accounts for the same will help you grow your followers. Having followers who engage with your content is essential to generate more revenue for the business.
To get more visibility, you can buy Instagram followers. Doing so increases the chances of your profile showing up in more people’s feeds and gives you the much required boost to your business. Use only secure payment methods to purchase IG followers.
You can buy Instagram followers PayPal, credit card, or P2P to grow your popularity quickly.
How To Create An Instagram Account?
Whether it’s your first Instagram account or the second, the opening steps are the same for both. You can open an Instagram account through the app on your phone or through the website on your PC.
Follow these steps to create your account on the app-
- Download the Instagram app.
- Open it and press the account icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on your account name at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on add account.
- Tap on create a new account.
- Enter username, password, and other necessary details and click on next.
Steps for opening the account through the website
- Open your web browser and type- www.instagram.com
- If you already have an account, log out of it and click on sign up.
- Enter your email address, user id, password, and other details.
- Click on done, and your new IG account is ready.
Note: Following similar steps, you can create up to five accounts.
But there is another way to add a second account; here is how you can add it-
- Open the app and tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on the horizontal lines (𝄘) at the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, click on settings and scroll down to the bottom.
- You’ll find the add account button; click there.
- Tap on create a new account, and add your username and other necessary details.
How To Switch Between Instagram Accounts?
Switching from one to another account is quite easy; here are the steps-
- Open your Instagram app
- Click on your profile icon at the bottom
- Press the username icon
- Select the account you want to switch to.
How To Unlink Instagram Accounts?
Another common query we get is, what if I no longer want to use the account? You can delete or unlink it without any hassle. Follow these steps to unlink account-
- Click on your profile icon at the bottom.
- Again click on your account name and choose the account you want to unlink.
- Click on the three horizontal lines (𝄘)
- Go to settings and then click on log out.
Note: You might face trouble unlinking your account at times. If that happens, try updating the app; if that does not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
How To Delete Your Instagram Account?
If you ever want to delete your second or third Instagram account, it is totally possible. You can’t delete your account through the iOS or Android app; you only have to do it through a browser. To delete your account-
- Open your web browser and type- www.instagram.com
- Go to the delete account page and log in with your ID and password
- You need to choose an option for deleting your account from the dropdown menu
- Retype your password and tap on delete (username)
Using multiple Instagram accounts is actually great for business owners, content creators, and people who have different interests. It helps you make your feed look more professional and target the right audience.
You can switch from one account to another in seconds without having to log out. If you are passionate about growing your audience, there is no better option than promoting it on social media platforms like Instagram. Stay tuned to know more about YT cards, Instagram trends, Youtube trends, etc.